BSAC Marine Conservation Speciality Diving Course is the first of BSAC's ecological minded courses. As divers, we are in the prime position to help our reefs remain the paradise they are today. To help educate and alert divers of the problems affecting the reefs, Big Blue Conservation has helped construct a new speciality supported by BSAC on Marine conservation. As an observational sport, knowing a little more about what you see underwater and improving your buoyancy skills and air consumtion will help influence low-impact diving.
The BSAC Marine Conservation Speciality Diving Course
- Buoyancy workshop - including two buoyancy skills dives. This section will teach you the anticipation of buoyancy problems and the skills to improve your buoyancy in a range of conditions. It also trains you to accomplish the best position for carrying out underwater research. (The certification for this section is an optional 3,700 extra, including 2 dive and Buoyancy Control Certification)
- Ocean environment - in order to truly understand our aquatic environment, we must first know about the oceans composition and processes as a whole. All our oceans are connected, and one minor change in one ocean can affect the entire ecosystem.
- Coral Reefs - including marine identification dives and night dive. This is the most rewarding section of the course. You will learn alot more about underwater organism identification, including coral anatomy and biology. After this section, you will get so much more out of your dives.
- State of the reefs - Our oceans are in a rapid state of decline, and as divers we are in the perfect position to do something about it. But first we need to fully understand what is happening.
- Conservation - including two ecological monitoring, reef restoration and practical conservation dives. Here you will learn what you can do to contribute to conservation and preservation of our aquatic world.
This 4 day, 5 dive course is only 9,000 baht and includes course manual, all dives, equipment and teaching.
What do I need to start?
You have to already have completed the Open Water Diver Course with either SSI or PADI. Big Blue provides all equipment, boat trips, etc., for the duration of the course.
Am I fit to Dive?
How long will it take?
This course takes 4 days.
How do I book?
To book your course and accommodation please fill in your details here, listing the courses you are interested in in the comments section. A minimum 10% deposit is required to reserve your course.